Nothing comes easy; you cannot negate this fact. But instead, what you can do is make the process easier. In the case of shedding some belly fat, only cutting down on calories is not enough. You’ve got to get moving too if you want to see greater and quicker results. With that in place, here are 5 exercises for a flat tummy AT Home. Cause who says that you need to step out of your home to stay fit!
Working those abdominal muscles is the most efficient way of shaping and toning them. If what you’re trying to get rid of post-childbirth is all the pregnancy bulge, you’re in just the place. Cause these 5 flat stomach exercises will put you on the right track!
5 exercises For a Flat Tummy at Home
When I talk about exercise, I’m not denying or underestimating the importance of other useful methods. Such as wearing the good shapewear for muffin top, loves handle, tummy control! This kind of a solution is more like the much-needed help you might wish for along the way.
However, exercising is the best and more permanent solution to the problem. So here are the most helpful 5 stomach exercises at home.
#1 Rotating Plank
Photo credit: popsugar.com
The first movement is a very efficient plank variation.
- Get into the normal elbow plank position.
- Now, extend your left leg behind. At this point, don’t forget to keep your abs and hips engaged.
- Then shift all your weight to the right arm. To rotate your torso slowly toward the left. Keep your left leg in the lifted position all the while. This is a side plank.
- Hold the posture for a single count. Before rotating back to start, but without lowering your left leg.
- Repeat the same for at least half a minute. And then switch sides for another 30 seconds.
[YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mV-c3u2KAQ]
#2 Knee Tucks
It’s as easy as it looks, really.
- Get on your hands and legs.
- Brace your abs and lift both your knees off the floor. Just make sure that your hips are below the shoulders.
- Round your spine to draw in the left knee toward your nose. At this point, be mindful of scooping your abs in.
- Then return to the neutral position. But while doing so, extend your left leg behind the hip. Don’t forget that during the entire movement so far, your left knee is not touching the floor.
- Continue the knee tuck for at least 30 seconds. Then repeat with the right knee.
- If keeping the opposite knee lifted is very tough for you, you can rest it. First, get the hang of the workout. And then lift it off the ground throughout the exercise.
#3 Mountain Climbers
Photo credit: popsugar.com
The most common of the 5 exercises for a flat tummy at home! Mountain climbers is an excellent abs workout. And good for cardio too when done really fast! Plus, it targets your back, arm, and leg muscles as well.
- Get into the normal push-up position. Lay your hands flat against the floor, below the shoulders. Extend your legs behind you. And keep the body straight.
- Bend your left leg to bring it close to the chest. Then go back to start.
- Do the same with your right leg.
- Keep alternating like this between the two for at least one minute. Just ensure that the butt and hips are low and not elevated.
[YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwgirgXLYM]
#4 Flutter Kicks
Flutter kicks work the abdominal and leg muscles. You can incorporate them into your daily routine at any time of the day. Even the number of reps and sets is not limited.
- Lie down on the mat, place your hands behind the butt.
- Slightly lift your head before raising your leg. Keep the core tight throughout.
- Point your toes while lifting the foot up. Then bring your leg back down and switch.
- It should like as if you’re fluttering. Just keep your legs from touching the ground. Do this for a minute.
#5 Pike and Extend
The last, but definitely not the least, the workout is pike and extend. It targets your abs as well as legs.
- Lie down on your back with extended legs. Keep your arms overhead.
- Now crunch up. Meaning lift your legs and your upper body to reach your hands to the feet. At least as much as you can! Keep your legs straight and don’t bend the knees.
- Then bring your arms back while lowering your torso. With the left leg reaching toward the floor.
- Once again, crunch up and lift the left leg back up. Then repeat by lowering the right leg this time.
- You can do 20-30 reps, alternating sides of course.
That’s All for Now!
You can start with these 5 exercises for a flat tummy at home. They are basic movements that you won’t take too long to grow accustomed to. And when that happens, increase the number of reps per set. And do at least three sets every single day.
Nothing works better than exercising AND a proper diet when you want to shed some extra pounds. Always remember that. And when there’s a will, there’s a way.
About the author:
Laura Cooper has established an amazing resource for all kinds of moms. You can be a fitness-oriented, career-oriented, or an enthusiastic mom. And you’ll find the most relevant posts about the most familiar struggles of the daily parenting life. Her motto is to share useful content that actually makes some noticeable difference in your life. She creates not to increase quantity but to only improve quality.