It is true that about two-thirds of people in this world suffer from overweight but there are also some people who get it difficult to gain weight or build muscles. Hence, gaining weight can be as difficult as losing weight. Thus, people who are underweight always try to gain some weight but you actually need some strategy to gain weight quickly. So, in this article, we have come up with some effective strategies that will help you to gain weight at a quick interval.
List of diet that helps to gain weight in a quick interval
People who are underweight may experience several health issues such as infertility, malnutrition, osteoporosis, weakened immune system, development delays, etc. So, it is very important to know how to gain weight in a quick interval. The following are some essential diet that will help you to gain weight quickly:
- Homemade protein smoothies: It is very important to drink homemade protein smoothies. You can take chocolate banana nut shake, vanilla berry shake, caramel apple shake, vanilla blueberry shake, etc. These smoothies give your body about 400-600 calories in addition to the high amount of protein, minerals, and vitamins. Apart from the nutritious, homemade protein smoothies are also very delicious. But make sure to avoid the commercial version of protein smoothie as it may contain added sugar are not as nutritious as the original one.
- Milk: When it comes to gain weight, milk plays a great role. Milk has a good balance of protein, carbs, and fats. Apart from that, milk also provides you a huge amount of calcium, vitamins, and minerals. Milk contains casein and whey proteins and hence when you consume milk and do weight lifting it helps you to build your muscles. Thus, if you want to gain your weight you must drink one or two glasses of milk every day.
- Rice: Rice contains a high amount of carbs and calories which helps in a great way to gain weight. If you take one cup of cooked rice which is almost 165 grams your body will get 190 calories, 42 grams of carbs and also a little amount of fat. Hence, even from a single serving of cooked rice, you can easily obtain a high amount of carbs and calories. However, some rice is available in the market that is high in arsenic and it can cause toxicity in the body and phytic acid present in such rice can reduce the absorption of zinc and iron.
- Nuts and nut butter: If you want to gain weight at a quick interval then you must consume nuts and nut butter. It is important to take nuts almost every day. If you take a handful of almonds you get 7 grams of protein and 18 grams of fats. But while taking nuts it is very important to make sure that there is no added sugar or any extra oil. You can add nuts in a variety of snacks or dishes, for example, smoothies, yogurts, as well as many other dishes to add the flavor. Nuts and nut butter are really very delicious but whenever you purchase it make sure that they do not contain added sugar or extra oils as it can be harmful to your health.
- Red Meats: Consuming red meats are probably the best way to gain weight or build muscles in a quick interval. If you take 170 grams of red meat in your diet you will get an 18% increase in strength. Red meat provides a huge number of calories along with amino acid and protein. Actually, read meat such as mutton, beef, etc. are the most natural sources of dietary creatine which are the best muscle-building supplements in the world. Hence it helps in gaining weight at a quick interval and the fattier the red meat is the more calories you will likely gain.
Thus it will not be wrong to say that the biggest mantra behind gaining weight quickly is to eat more and more calories consistently. Along with additional calories, proteins, fats, and minerals you also have to do exercise regularly for building muscles. So incorporate the above-mentioned foods into your meal list for gaining weight quickly.